Just because the Pumpkin King’s foray into Christmastime proved ill advised doesn’t mean another holiday endeavor won’t turn out sweet. If Jack set his sights on Valentine’s Day for instance, there’d be no doubt his heart was in the right place.
- Sweet Skellington Valentines Template
- Cardstock (white, red, blue, tan, and black)
- Permanent black marker
- Heart-shaped stickers and/or gems in assorted sizes
1. Print the template and cut out the Skellington heads.
2. For each valentine, first have your child color in the eye and nostrils with black marker and then draw random stitch marks across the smile lines.
3. Next, he can attach large sticker hearts in place for the missing eyes and embellish the stitched mouths with smaller hearts. Encourage him to apply some of the mouth hearts right side up and others upside down or turned sideways. (Note: Another option is to use red and black markers to draw on hearts.)
4. Finally, he can print messages on the backs of the Skellington heads, and the valentines are ready to deliver.